The Basic Principles Of Good Website Design Author: Harry
An online business does not have the chance to impress its customers with fancy interiors and hearty smiles. Instead the website serves as the face of the business which is why it is extremely important to have a good website design.
Those looking to make a success of their online venture need to take their website design into consideration so as to produce something that manages to impress the visitors and maximize the chances of making conversions.
There are some basic guidelines, if followed, can help create a top notch website that will give you an edge over your competition.
- The most important factor that contributes to making a website design good is the user friendliness of its navigation system. The buttons should be placed in such a manner that visitors donâ€™t have to think twice of the action they have to perform in order to make their way around the website. Place everything where visitors would expect it to be positioned.
- Maintain a definite line of consistency throughout your website. This means that your navigation buttons, the order in which they are arranged and the graphics remain the same on every page. This will bring about a sense of unity and help to make the visitors familiar with the site.
- Visitors should be given a chance to retrace their steps. The site should make it easy for them to go back and find information from the pages that they have visited through breadcrumb trails.
- When it comes to the content on the website a good design would be comprised of short lines of text. The fact that the text is going to be displayed on a computer screen necessitates that the phrases should be shorter than what you would normally find in print. Carefully composing the text with plenty of margin and white spacing in between also works to enhance the overall website design.
- The display of content should follow a logical and systematical grouping so as to appear organized. Similar content should be grouped together and each page should be covering a single theme only. The information that your website will be giving out should come in a sequential order making it easy for the visitors.
- Your entire website should be based on one central theme. The different pages of your website should look like they belong to the same website and shouldnâ€™t be drastically different from each other. Maintaining the layout, color theme and style of the website can help you to overcome this problem. The color scheme of the theme should compliment your corporate colors. You should also maintain the font style and size on every page.
- The written content, images and graphics should be tailored to appeal to your target audience while keeping in view your corporate identity. These elements should be relative to the product or services that you have to offer.
Creating a good website design necessitates knowing your target audience. Then only will you be able to figure out the best way to put forward your sales message on your website through seo. The aesthetics and user friendliness are the key factors that will get visitors hooked on to your website along with which they should instantly be able to understand what the website has to offer to them and what benefits they will be getting.About the Author:
If you are looking for a e-commerce website design company that can really help your business. I would really give these guys a go, they have over 20 years experience in SEO and I found them extremely helpful.
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/web-design-articles/the-basic-principles-of-good-website-design--810161.html